Thursday, September 10, 2009

Internet Connection

Name of Topic Being Reviewed: PLDT MyDSL
Category: Internet Connection
Rating: Tumbling Baby

I never really had a problem with PLDT before. The problem started when we had our DSL upgraded from the Plan 999 to the Plan 1995.

I guess I never noticed since most of the time, I use the internet to just read my emails and write on my blogs. Maybe it was because I thought that the speed that I had been experiencing with the plan 999 was the right speed for the internet connection that we subscribed to. Little did I know that we were getting the short end of the stick for a time now.

When we upgraded to Plan 1995, we've realized that the connection was pretty slow. Slower actually that what we have been used to with the 999. When we asked PLDT, they gave us a couple of reasons. One of them even came into the house and checked our lines. After that check-up, we have the speed that we paid for...then, it reverted back to being slow.

Then, they said the problem was in Singapore because of the typhoon and all. They said that it affected their systems there.

But weeks after they claimed that it was fixed, our connection is still slow as before.

Like I said, we never had a problem with PLDT. They use to always solve the problems with our phone lines and internet connection and they usually get the job done. I'm a little saddened and annoyed that they have failed us.

The worst part in all this is the fact that they billed us for the use of the internet connection. We incurred two internet bills. The one with the Plan 999 and the Plan 1995. We still need to pay the 999 because it "crossed-over" the cut-off. So, we have a slow internet connection but we need to pay two different internet bills for the duration of us not being able to use the internet properly.

So, to summarize. PLDT myDSL is a very slow broadband connection that has so many problems and they still bill you for a usage that technically doesn't exist.

So, I suggest that if you are going to be shopping around for a broadband connection, look the other way when you pass by PLDT. It's not worth the hassle of falling in line and waiting for hours to get an application to a connection that would be good at the start but would eventually deteriorate when you least expect it.

No comments: