Friday, February 25, 2011

Name of Topic Being Reviewed: I Am Number Four
Category: Movie
Rating: Tumbling BabyTumbling BabyTumbling BabyTumbling BabyTumbling Baby

I am just in the process of reading the book so I really won't be able to compare this movie from the book that it's based on.

I Am Number Four is a story about the last survivors of an alien race trying to survive on earth as they were being hunted down by rival aliens called Mogadarians out to destroy every last one of them. The alien children were scattered across the world, and one by one they were being hunted down. Three were already dead, the Mogs' next target is number 4.

Trying to hide from the Mogs but at the same time, trying to blend in and live a human life, Number Four or most recently named John Smith by his guardian warrior Henri was having a hard time following his guardian's orders to keep a low profile in school while Henri attempts to find a way to locate the other alien children. Meeting a girl named Sarah and was fascinated by her love of taking pictures John befriended her. At the same time, he also met Sam, a student who believes in aliens and was picked on by the popular crowd because of it. On top of all that's happening, John's powers start to manifests itself and he started to learn how to control his powers. Soon, they were caught in the middle of a hunt between the Mogs and John. Running for their lives from the Mogs, they've crossed paths with Number 6. Together, John and Number 6 fought their way to escape and decided to search for the other four alien children remaining.

The movie was amazing from start to finish. It was one of those movies that I really have no real expectations of whether I will like it or not. I just wanted to watch it mainly because I'm an Alex Pettyfer fan since I first saw the boy act as Alex Rider. It was good to know that I wasn't disappointed in the entirely of the movie. I left the movie house with a satisfied smile on my face that I got my money's worth of the movie.

The actors were great. Although, I might be biased with Alex Pettyfer, but the boy has great talent in acting and it really comes out naturally for him. He can really make you believe he's an alien with powers. Other actors were brilliant as well. Like Teresa Palmer as Number 6. She would make you wonder whether she's friend or foe. And Timothy Olyphant as Henri who couldn't decide whether he'd coddle John or be strict with him. Kevin Durand as the Mogadarian Commander has that aura of fear emanating from him that he was scary at some part.

The setting was okay. There wasn't anything really scenic about their location except for the parts where they shot in the forest.

The stunts were amazing. I couldn't help but hold my breath at some parts and just saw "Wow!" for most of them. They were really done well, especially the fight scenes. The camera angles were just right that you can see the stunts well and you don't really get dizzy with the different angles that was done during filming.

The special effects were flawlessly done. The monsters were very lifelike and the other CG effects like Number four's glowing hands the disintegrating locator were done just right.

All in all, a very good movie. Although, I wasn't really keen on the other actors who played their parts well, I would still give this 5 tumbling babies and recommend that it's a must see movie to watch.

No comments: