Sunday, July 04, 2010

Movie Review

Name of Topic Being Reviewed: Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Category: Movie
Rating: Tumbling BabyTumbling Baby

Sorry to all Twilight Saga fans out there. But this isn't going to be a positive review of the movie.

I was honestly looking forward to this one since it was my favorite book in the series but unfortunately, it did an "Azkaban" on me. Like Azkaban which was my favorite Potter book, Eclipse failed to deliver what for me were the important aspects of the movie.

The movie felt like it was missing parts and a lot seems so hurried. There were some parts that were cramped up and put together in such a fashion that it really looked so hurried and not well thought of. The dialogue between Edward and Jacob which to me were the highlight of the book were missing. There were not real tension between the two characters. And the fight scene was too short for me. Again, the fight scenes were to me another highlight of the book but again, it was hurried.

All the important elements of the book which to me made it the best book in the series were missing in the movie. I was looking for so many things. More meaty conflicts between Edward and Jacob, the explanation of "imprinting", how Bella was able to visit the reservation even if Edward was against it, more elaborate back stories of both Jasper and Rosalie...the list goes on.

The only saving grace that garnered it two tumbling babies were mainly because the actors were good and believable, the scenery were still fantastic, the effects were awesome! They did a good job with the wolves...it makes me was to say "I want one of those for a pet!"

But all in all, I was disappointed. Or maybe it's because I was expecting too much? Either way, the last two movies should do a better job than what they did with this one.

No comments: